I am currently working on analyzing the Dutch blogosphere with my colleague Esther Weltevrede with help of colleague Erik Borra from the Digital Methods Initiative. In an early exploratory phase Esther and I started to learn how to use Gephi to visualize our data and networks. In one of my early attempts I created this beautifully abstract interpretation of the Dutch blogosphere. Gephi creates design by research!
Actual findings and paper will follow in a few weeks!
Article Series - Dutch Blogosphere Analysis
- Mapping the Dutch Blogosphere #Bloghelden
- Mapping Festival at Mediamatic
- Mapping the Dutch Blogosphere at Mapping Ignite
- Snapshot of the Dutch Blogosphere December 2010
- Visualizing data with Gephi: Abstract interpretations of the Dutch blogosphere #madewithgephi
- Paper: Where do bloggers blog? Platform transitions within the historical Dutch blogosphere